One held for possessing drugs at Sunburn festival in Goa
Panaji: Sunburn, the much-discussed electronic dance music (EDM) festival in Goa, has run into controversy after the state police today arrested one of the revellers for allegedly possessing drugs.
Saurabh Agarwal, a residence of Raipur, Chhatisgarh was arrested from the Sunburn venue by Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) during the raid at the festival, which is underway at Vagator since yesterday.
Superintendent of Police (ANC) Karthik Kashyap said the youth was arrested after he was found possessing 10 gms charas inside the venue.
During the raid, some more people were also seen consuming drugs at the venue, sources said. The organisers of the three-day long festival are expecting more than one lakh footfalls during the event.
State police had put up various guidelines including CCTV cameras and strict frisking of the revellers entering the venue.
The event which was earlier held at Candolim has been shifted to Vagator, 30 kms away Panaji, this year onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi