One held for possessing drugs at Sunburn festival in Goa
Panaji: Sunburn, the much-discussed electronic dance music (EDM) festival in Goa, has run into controversy after the state police today arrested one of the revellers for allegedly possessing drugs.
Saurabh Agarwal, a residence of Raipur, Chhatisgarh was arrested from the Sunburn venue by Anti-Narcotics Cell (ANC) during the raid at the festival, which is underway at Vagator since yesterday.
Superintendent of Police (ANC) Karthik Kashyap said the youth was arrested after he was found possessing 10 gms charas inside the venue.
During the raid, some more people were also seen consuming drugs at the venue, sources said. The organisers of the three-day long festival are expecting more than one lakh footfalls during the event.
State police had put up various guidelines including CCTV cameras and strict frisking of the revellers entering the venue.
The event which was earlier held at Candolim has been shifted to Vagator, 30 kms away Panaji, this year onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions