Indian Coast Guard intercepts Pak boat with seven fisherman
Jamnagar: Seven Pakistani fishermen were apprehended along with their boat by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Mitha Port, for illegally entering Indian waters, an official said.
"ICG interceptor boat C-401 while on forward area patrol apprehended one Pakistani fishing boat `Al-Ramzan`, along with seven crew members," he said.
"The boat was apprehended at a approximately 69 kilometres from Mitha Port, while it was fishing in Indian waters," he said.
"On seeing the Indian Coast Guard approaching, the boat picked up its fishing gear and tried to flee. However, the interceptor boat chased and apprehended it as it headed towards Pak waters," he said.
"The Pakistani fishing boat and fishermen have been brought to Okha and handed over to the marine police," officials said.
The Pak fishermen will be interrogated by state and central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre at Okha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America