Indian Coast Guard intercepts Pak boat with seven fisherman
Jamnagar: Seven Pakistani fishermen were apprehended along with their boat by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Mitha Port, for illegally entering Indian waters, an official said.
"ICG interceptor boat C-401 while on forward area patrol apprehended one Pakistani fishing boat `Al-Ramzan`, along with seven crew members," he said.
"The boat was apprehended at a approximately 69 kilometres from Mitha Port, while it was fishing in Indian waters," he said.
"On seeing the Indian Coast Guard approaching, the boat picked up its fishing gear and tried to flee. However, the interceptor boat chased and apprehended it as it headed towards Pak waters," he said.
"The Pakistani fishing boat and fishermen have been brought to Okha and handed over to the marine police," officials said.
The Pak fishermen will be interrogated by state and central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre at Okha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer