Indian Coast Guard intercepts Pak boat with seven fisherman
Jamnagar: Seven Pakistani fishermen were apprehended along with their boat by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Mitha Port, for illegally entering Indian waters, an official said.
"ICG interceptor boat C-401 while on forward area patrol apprehended one Pakistani fishing boat `Al-Ramzan`, along with seven crew members," he said.
"The boat was apprehended at a approximately 69 kilometres from Mitha Port, while it was fishing in Indian waters," he said.
"On seeing the Indian Coast Guard approaching, the boat picked up its fishing gear and tried to flee. However, the interceptor boat chased and apprehended it as it headed towards Pak waters," he said.
"The Pakistani fishing boat and fishermen have been brought to Okha and handed over to the marine police," officials said.
The Pak fishermen will be interrogated by state and central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre at Okha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read