Indian Coast Guard intercepts Pak boat with seven fisherman
Jamnagar: Seven Pakistani fishermen were apprehended along with their boat by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Mitha Port, for illegally entering Indian waters, an official said.
"ICG interceptor boat C-401 while on forward area patrol apprehended one Pakistani fishing boat `Al-Ramzan`, along with seven crew members," he said.
"The boat was apprehended at a approximately 69 kilometres from Mitha Port, while it was fishing in Indian waters," he said.
"On seeing the Indian Coast Guard approaching, the boat picked up its fishing gear and tried to flee. However, the interceptor boat chased and apprehended it as it headed towards Pak waters," he said.
"The Pakistani fishing boat and fishermen have been brought to Okha and handed over to the marine police," officials said.
The Pak fishermen will be interrogated by state and central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre at Okha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand