Indian Coast Guard intercepts Pak boat with seven fisherman
Jamnagar: Seven Pakistani fishermen were apprehended along with their boat by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Mitha Port, for illegally entering Indian waters, an official said.
"ICG interceptor boat C-401 while on forward area patrol apprehended one Pakistani fishing boat `Al-Ramzan`, along with seven crew members," he said.
"The boat was apprehended at a approximately 69 kilometres from Mitha Port, while it was fishing in Indian waters," he said.
"On seeing the Indian Coast Guard approaching, the boat picked up its fishing gear and tried to flee. However, the interceptor boat chased and apprehended it as it headed towards Pak waters," he said.
"The Pakistani fishing boat and fishermen have been brought to Okha and handed over to the marine police," officials said.
The Pak fishermen will be interrogated by state and central intelligence agencies at the joint interrogation centre at Okha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah