ASI booked for raping woman on pretext of marriage
Jind (Haryana): A case was on Saturday filed against an assistant sub-inspector of Haryana police for allegedly raping a 40-year-old woman for last seven years on the pretext of marriage here, a senior police official said.
The woman, a divorcee and a resident of Raghu colony area here, also alleged that ASI Balraj had duped her to the tune of Rs four lakh on the pretext of purchasing a plot in her name.
Rohtak Road police station SHO, Mahendra Singh told reporters that police have started the investigation against the ASI and further action will be taken after the completion of the same.
The woman said that seven years back she got divorce from her husband due to personal feuds and after that she was staying with her daughter here alone, Singh said.
Later, the accused, a friend of her husband, used to frequently visit her residence and raped her on several occasions in the last seven years.
Further probes into the case are on, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM