ASI booked for raping woman on pretext of marriage
Jind (Haryana): A case was on Saturday filed against an assistant sub-inspector of Haryana police for allegedly raping a 40-year-old woman for last seven years on the pretext of marriage here, a senior police official said.
The woman, a divorcee and a resident of Raghu colony area here, also alleged that ASI Balraj had duped her to the tune of Rs four lakh on the pretext of purchasing a plot in her name.
Rohtak Road police station SHO, Mahendra Singh told reporters that police have started the investigation against the ASI and further action will be taken after the completion of the same.
The woman said that seven years back she got divorce from her husband due to personal feuds and after that she was staying with her daughter here alone, Singh said.
Later, the accused, a friend of her husband, used to frequently visit her residence and raped her on several occasions in the last seven years.
Further probes into the case are on, the SHO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker