BJP should take a stand on corruption after introspection: Bansal
Chandigarh: BJP should consider its stand on corruption as its party president Nitin Gadkari now himself faces allegations of dubious funding into his companies, Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said.
"BJP in last eight-and-half-years had just indulged in raking up issues (against Congress) without inquiring and having information. Therefore, BJP has now to think about having self-analysis -- what have been its standards or parameters.
Earlier, we have an example of its (former) president (Bangaru Laxman in cash on camera scandal) now the second example (Nitin Gadkari involving in dubious business transaction) has appeared," Bansal told reporters on the sidelines of a PHD function here.
The Minister for Parliamentary Affairs was responding to a media query on BJP leaders coming in support of Nitin Gadkari who is facing allegations of dubious funding into his companies.
To a query on assigning more responsibility to Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, Bansal said it was up to Rahul to decide what role he chooses for himself in the party.
"Rahul Gandhi will have a role to play everywhere whether in the Cabinet or outside Cabinet...He is among senior leaders...He has to decide what responsibility he wants to take up," he said.
Asked to comment on Congress` chances in upcoming state assembly elections in Himachal Pradesh, Bansal said the Congress would perform well in the hill state.
"In Himachal (Pradesh) I have learnt that we are doing extremely well. People are fed up with up with them (BJP)...BJP has rather mastered the art of misleading the people...That`s what they have done," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened