Haryana, Punjab lashed by rains
Chandigarh: Moderate to heavy rains lashed many parts of Haryana and Punjab on Monday.
The sky was heavily overcast in Chandigarh this morning and sharp showers later brought down the day temperature here.
Rains also lashed many places in Haryana including Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Hisar, the NCR areas of Sonepat, Gurgaon and Faridabad, MeT office here said.
In Punjab, Mohali, Amritsar, Patiala and Ropar were among other places which were lashed by rains.
A MeT official said that the change in weather was due to a Western Disturbance, which hovered over J-K and neighbourhood.
Meanwhile, the minimum temperatures settled in the range of 13-16 degrees Celsius at most places in Haryana and Punjab today, which were above normal by up to four notches.
Weathermen have warned that hailstorm/thundersqualls with wind speed exceeding 45 kmph may occur at isolated places in the two states within next 24-hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday