Haryana, Punjab lashed by rains
Chandigarh: Moderate to heavy rains lashed many parts of Haryana and Punjab on Monday.
The sky was heavily overcast in Chandigarh this morning and sharp showers later brought down the day temperature here.
Rains also lashed many places in Haryana including Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Hisar, the NCR areas of Sonepat, Gurgaon and Faridabad, MeT office here said.
In Punjab, Mohali, Amritsar, Patiala and Ropar were among other places which were lashed by rains.
A MeT official said that the change in weather was due to a Western Disturbance, which hovered over J-K and neighbourhood.
Meanwhile, the minimum temperatures settled in the range of 13-16 degrees Celsius at most places in Haryana and Punjab today, which were above normal by up to four notches.
Weathermen have warned that hailstorm/thundersqualls with wind speed exceeding 45 kmph may occur at isolated places in the two states within next 24-hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?