Haryana, Punjab lashed by rains
Chandigarh: Moderate to heavy rains lashed many parts of Haryana and Punjab on Monday.
The sky was heavily overcast in Chandigarh this morning and sharp showers later brought down the day temperature here.
Rains also lashed many places in Haryana including Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Hisar, the NCR areas of Sonepat, Gurgaon and Faridabad, MeT office here said.
In Punjab, Mohali, Amritsar, Patiala and Ropar were among other places which were lashed by rains.
A MeT official said that the change in weather was due to a Western Disturbance, which hovered over J-K and neighbourhood.
Meanwhile, the minimum temperatures settled in the range of 13-16 degrees Celsius at most places in Haryana and Punjab today, which were above normal by up to four notches.
Weathermen have warned that hailstorm/thundersqualls with wind speed exceeding 45 kmph may occur at isolated places in the two states within next 24-hours.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani