Operations back to normal at Chandigarh airport
Chandigarh: Operations at the Chandigarh airport, which had been disrupted due to an emergency landing made by Congress MP from Kurukshetra Naveen Jindal`s helicopter yesterday, are back to normal since this morning.
"All operations at the airport are normal and all flights are operating as per schedule," Airport Director, H S Toor said Tuesday.
The runway, which was blocked after the chopper`s emergency landing last evening, was cleared for take off and landing around 9 PM, but no flight could operate as the airport, which is operated operated by the Indian Air Force, does not allow take off and landing by civil flights after 8 PM.
Last evening, the Eurocopter EC145 helicopter of Jindal, who is also a leading industrialist, had landed under emergency conditions at the Chandigarh airport after it developed a "technical snag".
Jindal was aboard the six-seater chopper from Kurukshetra University in Kurukshetra. The chopper was scheduled to land at the VIP helipad at Rajindra Park, located next to Punjab and Haryana civil secretariat, but was forced to land at the airport after it developed a snag.
The helicopter touched down in the centre of the main runway and could not be immediately taxied off leading to disruption in some flights.
The emergency landing had led to the cancellation of three out-bound flights, including the one in which Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor was flying, putting her and several other passengers to inconvenience.
After the incident, Jindal had tweeted that the helicopter developed a "technical snag" and that he was safe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations