‘South Haryana neglected in development’
Mahendergarh: Congress MP from
Gurgaon and former Union minister Rao Inderjit Singh on Sunday
charged the Haryana government with discrimination in
development of south Haryana.
Attacking Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at a
well-attended "Jan Chetna" rally here, Singh rued "neglect" of
Rewari-Mahendergarh-Gurgaon belt in terms of developmental
works, government jobs and supply of water and power.
"Our fight is for equitable distribution of development.
We are fighting to make Congress party strong and not allow it
to become anybody`s personal fiefdom," Singh said in a veiled
attack on Hooda, his known detractor.
In an obvious reference to the five Haryana Janhit
Congress MLAs who joined the Congress after the party fell
short of majority in the 2009 Assembly polls and some
Independents being rewarded with ministerial berths, Singh
said the party`s backbone were its loyal workers, who toil
hard and help win the elections for it, but unfortunately they
The sharp attack launched by the party MP came months
after another senior leader from Rewari and Haryana Minister
Ajay Singh Yadav had raised the issue of acquiring of land of
the farmers for various projects.
Rao Inderjit Singh had yesterday addressed a series of
public meetings in and around Gurgaon to mobilise the public
support for the rally and asked them to put up a united
struggle to get their due share.
He said even Gurgaon, which contributed major share of
revenue to the state exchequer, was being discriminated
against in provision of government jobs and development
Among others present at today`s rally were former Haryana
Congress spokesman, Ved Prakash Vidrohi and district Congress
chiefs of Gurgaon, Rewari and Mahendergarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone