Tight security for holy dip during Kapal Mochan Mela
Yamunanagar (Har): Security arrangements have been made around three `sarovars` at Bilaspur in the district where lakhs of devotees are expected to take the holy dip on the fourth day of the religious `Kapal Mochan Mela` on Saturday night.
Over five lakh devotees from different parts of north India have reached Bilaspur to take the holy dip in the three sarovars at the stroke of midnight tonight, a spokesman said here today.
Keeping in view the heavy rush, the mela administration has made large scale arrangements for the convenience of the pilgrims, the spokesman said.
He said different social organizations have made elaborate arrangements for different types of `langars` (community meals) at the mela ground.
"To avoid any untoward incident, proper security arrangements have been made around all the three holy historic sarovars. Boats, divers and swimmers have been put on duty to keep an eye on the sarovars all the time," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray