Tight security for holy dip during Kapal Mochan Mela
Yamunanagar (Har): Security arrangements have been made around three `sarovars` at Bilaspur in the district where lakhs of devotees are expected to take the holy dip on the fourth day of the religious `Kapal Mochan Mela` on Saturday night.
Over five lakh devotees from different parts of north India have reached Bilaspur to take the holy dip in the three sarovars at the stroke of midnight tonight, a spokesman said here today.
Keeping in view the heavy rush, the mela administration has made large scale arrangements for the convenience of the pilgrims, the spokesman said.
He said different social organizations have made elaborate arrangements for different types of `langars` (community meals) at the mela ground.
"To avoid any untoward incident, proper security arrangements have been made around all the three holy historic sarovars. Boats, divers and swimmers have been put on duty to keep an eye on the sarovars all the time," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweeting often causes eating disorder
- Madhuri Dixit finds 'Housefull 3' cast 'awesome'!
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!