Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
We have all suffered from acidity at some point or the other. Excess stomach acid can cause uncomfortable symptoms, pain, and even severe health problems. Well, instead of popping up antacids, there are some natural home remedies you can try to get rid of the problem.
- Cold milk: The calcium in milk prevents acid build up and absorbs the excess acid produced, thereby reducing the symptoms of acidity.
- Mint leaves or pudina: Mint leaves is known for its cooling properties which helps reduce the pain and burning associated with acid reflux. Pudina helps lower the acid content of the stomach and improves digestion.
- Buttermilk: It contains lactic acid that normalizes the acidity in the stomach.
- Bananas: Being a rich source of potassium , bananas keep the level of acid production in your stomach in check.
- Basil leaves (Tulsi): Tulsi leaves help stimulate your stomach to produce more mucous and also has antiulcer properties.
- Chamomile tea: Helps reduce acid reflux symptoms.
- Saunf: Helps cool the lining of the stomach. Due to its anti-ulcer properties, it aids in digestion and relieves constipation.
- Clove and Elaichi: Both these stimulate digestion and relieve stomach spasms.It also soothes the inner lining of the stomach helping it ward off the effects of excess acid produced in the stomach.
- Ginger: Improves digestion and aids in better absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients. It also protect your stomach against ulcers by promoting mucus secretion and reducing the effect of the acid on your stomach.
- Raw almonds: This alkaline-producing food can balance your pH because they are a good source of calcium