3 drug peddlers arrested in Jammu
Jammu: Three persons, alleged to be drug peddlers, have been arrested and 410 intoxicant capsules recovered from them in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Police launched a special drive against drug abuse last evening and intercepted a car at checkpoint at Kallar belt on highway in Rajouri, they said.
During search of the vehicle, 132 bottles of Correx and 410 intoxicated capsules were recovered from the possession of two persons, identified as Irshad and Faizan Ahmed Mir, police said.
The accused persons have been arrested, they said, adding that a case has been registered against them.
Similarly, acting on a tip off, Rajouri police laid another special checkpoint at Bathuni belt and intercepted a car, following which they recovered 500 grams of cannabis from the possession of one Rajan Gupta.
The accused has been arrested, police said, adding that a case been registered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren