3 drug peddlers arrested in Jammu
Jammu: Three persons, alleged to be drug peddlers, have been arrested and 410 intoxicant capsules recovered from them in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Police launched a special drive against drug abuse last evening and intercepted a car at checkpoint at Kallar belt on highway in Rajouri, they said.
During search of the vehicle, 132 bottles of Correx and 410 intoxicated capsules were recovered from the possession of two persons, identified as Irshad and Faizan Ahmed Mir, police said.
The accused persons have been arrested, they said, adding that a case has been registered against them.
Similarly, acting on a tip off, Rajouri police laid another special checkpoint at Bathuni belt and intercepted a car, following which they recovered 500 grams of cannabis from the possession of one Rajan Gupta.
The accused has been arrested, police said, adding that a case been registered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video