3 drug peddlers arrested in Jammu
Jammu: Three persons, alleged to be drug peddlers, have been arrested and 410 intoxicant capsules recovered from them in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Police launched a special drive against drug abuse last evening and intercepted a car at checkpoint at Kallar belt on highway in Rajouri, they said.
During search of the vehicle, 132 bottles of Correx and 410 intoxicated capsules were recovered from the possession of two persons, identified as Irshad and Faizan Ahmed Mir, police said.
The accused persons have been arrested, they said, adding that a case has been registered against them.
Similarly, acting on a tip off, Rajouri police laid another special checkpoint at Bathuni belt and intercepted a car, following which they recovered 500 grams of cannabis from the possession of one Rajan Gupta.
The accused has been arrested, police said, adding that a case been registered in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued