3 drug peddlers arrested in Jammu
Jammu: Three persons, alleged to be drug peddlers, have been arrested and 410 intoxicant capsules recovered from them in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Police launched a special drive against drug abuse last evening and intercepted a car at checkpoint at Kallar belt on highway in Rajouri, they said.
During search of the vehicle, 132 bottles of Correx and 410 intoxicated capsules were recovered from the possession of two persons, identified as Irshad and Faizan Ahmed Mir, police said.
The accused persons have been arrested, they said, adding that a case has been registered against them.
Similarly, acting on a tip off, Rajouri police laid another special checkpoint at Bathuni belt and intercepted a car, following which they recovered 500 grams of cannabis from the possession of one Rajan Gupta.
The accused has been arrested, police said, adding that a case been registered in this connection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times