300 police personnel promoted in J&K
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir police has promoted around 300 of its personnel to the next rank following a meeting of the Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC).
IGP, Kashmir, Abdul Ghani Mir approved promotion of 51 officials for the rank of Selection Grade Constables, Head Constables and Assistant Sub-Inspectors, besides clearing in-situ grade promotions for 243 selection grade constables, police said.
The promotions were cleared by the DPC under the chairmanship of the IGP at a meeting yesterday.
Mir congratulated the officials and urged them to work with more dedication and devotion in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead