589 power stations damaged due to snowfall: J&K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kahsmir government on Friday said that 589 power stations and 310 residential structures were damaged due to incessant rains and heavy snowfall in Ramban district of the state.
"It was given out that so far as electricity is concerned, out of the 852 stations, 589 were damaged, out of which 20 have been restored and the process is in full swing in Ramban," an official spokesman said.
As per preliminary report, as many as 310 residential structures have been reported damaged due to the incessant rains and snow. These structures include 22 pacca / semi-pacca houses, 286 Kacha houses and 2 government structures.
As many as 12 livestock and cattle were lost in the lashing rain, he said.
Under Public Health Sector, 98 water supply schemes have been affected, the spokesman said adding that similarly 20 irrigation schemes and 26 flood control bunds are also reported to be damaged due to snow and rainstorms.
It was revealed that 65 km of roads have been affected and the officers concerned have been urged to restore the road network for smooth plying of traffic.
A high-powered committee headed by Financial Commissioner of Revenue department Arun Kumar directed officials for complete assessment of losses and damages to public property in the entire district.
Regarding availability of essentials, it was given out that 2,038 qtls of wheat, 2,351 qtls of rice, 46k ltrs of Kerosene oil, 372 LPG cylinders and 200 qtls of Atta are available in CA&PD stock.
Meanwhile, all the officers concerned are directed to expedite the restoration process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof