‘Amarnath yatra duration cut highly condemnable’
Jammu: Condemning the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) for curtailment of the annual Amarnath yatra to 399 days only, the Bahujan Samaj Party on Monday said that the period of the pilgrimage should be left to the convenience of devotees.
"The recent action of Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) of reducing the period of Yatra are highly condemnable. We strongly condemned the fixation of period of Amarnath Yatra to 39 days only", BSP state president Tulsi Dass Langeh told reporters here.
From 60 days in 2009, it has been reduced to 39 days, which is very sad, he said adding the Board should revoke its decision.
He said the management committees or boards are formed for the development, upkeep and better arrangements of any religious institution but when these boards start becoming hurdles and cause tension in day to day religious affairs and prayers of that religious institution, those must be strongly condemned.
He said that the period of Amarnath Yatra should be left to the convenience of pilgrims and not on the wills and wishes of Board.
State general secretary, BSP Rakesh Wazir said leaving aside religious sentiments even otherwise Amarnath Yatra provides livelihood to lacs and lacs of people of Jammu as well as of Kashmir and none of the people of both the regions want curtailment in that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore