‘Amarnath yatra duration cut highly condemnable’
Jammu: Condemning the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) for curtailment of the annual Amarnath yatra to 399 days only, the Bahujan Samaj Party on Monday said that the period of the pilgrimage should be left to the convenience of devotees.
"The recent action of Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) of reducing the period of Yatra are highly condemnable. We strongly condemned the fixation of period of Amarnath Yatra to 39 days only", BSP state president Tulsi Dass Langeh told reporters here.
From 60 days in 2009, it has been reduced to 39 days, which is very sad, he said adding the Board should revoke its decision.
He said the management committees or boards are formed for the development, upkeep and better arrangements of any religious institution but when these boards start becoming hurdles and cause tension in day to day religious affairs and prayers of that religious institution, those must be strongly condemned.
He said that the period of Amarnath Yatra should be left to the convenience of pilgrims and not on the wills and wishes of Board.
State general secretary, BSP Rakesh Wazir said leaving aside religious sentiments even otherwise Amarnath Yatra provides livelihood to lacs and lacs of people of Jammu as well as of Kashmir and none of the people of both the regions want curtailment in that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof