`Anti-terrorist ops should not cause harassment to people in J&K`
Jammu: Calling for zero human rights violation during counter terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir, Chief of Army`s Northern Command Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Monday asked the troops to ensure that people are not put to any inconvenience or harassment in the state.
"Counter terrorist operations require patience, maturity and restraint. I know the task is onerous but I have faith in your abilities and we must ensure at all times that the people are not put to any inconvenience or harassment due to our actions," Lt Gen Chachra, GOC-in-C, Northern Command said in his message on the eve of Human Rights Day.
"We are a people`s Army where we respect human life and take pride in our benevolent attitude towards women and children. This should continue to remain enshrined in our ethos and daily lives," Lt Gen Chachra said.
"As professionals, we are here to serve our country. I am proud of each of my officers, JCOs and men, and compliment you for your dedication and sacrifice. Lets work for a peaceful 2014," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days