`Anti-terrorist ops should not cause harassment to people in J&K`
Jammu: Calling for zero human rights violation during counter terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir, Chief of Army`s Northern Command Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Monday asked the troops to ensure that people are not put to any inconvenience or harassment in the state.
"Counter terrorist operations require patience, maturity and restraint. I know the task is onerous but I have faith in your abilities and we must ensure at all times that the people are not put to any inconvenience or harassment due to our actions," Lt Gen Chachra, GOC-in-C, Northern Command said in his message on the eve of Human Rights Day.
"We are a people`s Army where we respect human life and take pride in our benevolent attitude towards women and children. This should continue to remain enshrined in our ethos and daily lives," Lt Gen Chachra said.
"As professionals, we are here to serve our country. I am proud of each of my officers, JCOs and men, and compliment you for your dedication and sacrifice. Lets work for a peaceful 2014," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees