`Anti-terrorist ops should not cause harassment to people in J&K`
Jammu: Calling for zero human rights violation during counter terrorist operations in Jammu and Kashmir, Chief of Army`s Northern Command Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Monday asked the troops to ensure that people are not put to any inconvenience or harassment in the state.
"Counter terrorist operations require patience, maturity and restraint. I know the task is onerous but I have faith in your abilities and we must ensure at all times that the people are not put to any inconvenience or harassment due to our actions," Lt Gen Chachra, GOC-in-C, Northern Command said in his message on the eve of Human Rights Day.
"We are a people`s Army where we respect human life and take pride in our benevolent attitude towards women and children. This should continue to remain enshrined in our ethos and daily lives," Lt Gen Chachra said.
"As professionals, we are here to serve our country. I am proud of each of my officers, JCOs and men, and compliment you for your dedication and sacrifice. Lets work for a peaceful 2014," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened