BSP office gutted in fire in J&K; party alleges conspiracy
Jammu: A major fire broke out in the office of Bahujan Samaj Party in Satwari area on Wednesday, gutting all the records and furnitures.
The party has alleged that it was not an accidental fire and the office was burnt "under a conspiracy".
"We received a call at around 6 am in the morning and rushed to the spot. It was a major fire. The records kept in the office were gutted. Office furniture, including tables, fax machine, chairs etc... Were also damaged in the fire," In-charge Fire Services office Gangyal, Manzoor Hussain Malik, said.
National General Secretary of BSP Narinder Kashyap claimed "somebody" knew that all records were kept in the office and the fire was part of a "conspiracy".
"It seems to be a deliberate attempt. Somebody knew that we were maintaining all the records at this office. We will lodge a formal complaint about the incident. We believe it is a conspiracy to destroy the records," Kashyap said.
Police have registered a complaint and started a probe into the incident. "We have registered a case of fire and are investigating the reasons behind the incident," SHO Satwari Shabir Ahmed Khan said.
He, however, added that the fire might have erupted because of the short circuit. When asked about the party`s concerns, Khan said: "They haven`t named any suspect. We are investigating the case and if we find something fishy we will register an FIR in that regard also."
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today