BSP office gutted in fire in J&K; party alleges conspiracy
Jammu: A major fire broke out in the office of Bahujan Samaj Party in Satwari area on Wednesday, gutting all the records and furnitures.
The party has alleged that it was not an accidental fire and the office was burnt "under a conspiracy".
"We received a call at around 6 am in the morning and rushed to the spot. It was a major fire. The records kept in the office were gutted. Office furniture, including tables, fax machine, chairs etc... Were also damaged in the fire," In-charge Fire Services office Gangyal, Manzoor Hussain Malik, said.
National General Secretary of BSP Narinder Kashyap claimed "somebody" knew that all records were kept in the office and the fire was part of a "conspiracy".
"It seems to be a deliberate attempt. Somebody knew that we were maintaining all the records at this office. We will lodge a formal complaint about the incident. We believe it is a conspiracy to destroy the records," Kashyap said.
Police have registered a complaint and started a probe into the incident. "We have registered a case of fire and are investigating the reasons behind the incident," SHO Satwari Shabir Ahmed Khan said.
He, however, added that the fire might have erupted because of the short circuit. When asked about the party`s concerns, Khan said: "They haven`t named any suspect. We are investigating the case and if we find something fishy we will register an FIR in that regard also."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown