CET exams cancelled in J&K after distribution of wrong paper
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) had to cancel the examination of Chemistry paper and postpone the Biology paper of the Common Entrance Test (CET) due to a mistake committed by the invigilators at one of the centres.
"It is notified for the information of all the concerned eligible candidates, who are to appear in the CET-2013 morning session paper on June 23, that paper of the Biology is hereby postponed. However, the afternoon session Paper for Mathematics shall be conducted as per the schedule," the BOPEE said in a notification posted on its website.
The BOPEE also said all the concerned eligible candidates, who appeared in the CET-2013 afternoon session paper on June 22, are hereby informed that the Paper of Chemistry stands cancelled due to some unavoidable circumstances.
"Fresh dates shall be announced separately for the conduct of Entrance Test for the papers of Biology and Chemistry," the notification said.
The BOPEE took the action after it was reported that invigilating staff at one of the centres in Srinagar yesterday had distributed Biology question paper instead of Chemistry paper.
More than 15,000 candidates have enrolled themselves for the CET-2013 aspiring to get into various professional courses like MBBS, BDS, Engineering, BVSc and BSc (Agriculture).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months