CET exams cancelled in J&K after distribution of wrong paper
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) had to cancel the examination of Chemistry paper and postpone the Biology paper of the Common Entrance Test (CET) due to a mistake committed by the invigilators at one of the centres.
"It is notified for the information of all the concerned eligible candidates, who are to appear in the CET-2013 morning session paper on June 23, that paper of the Biology is hereby postponed. However, the afternoon session Paper for Mathematics shall be conducted as per the schedule," the BOPEE said in a notification posted on its website.
The BOPEE also said all the concerned eligible candidates, who appeared in the CET-2013 afternoon session paper on June 22, are hereby informed that the Paper of Chemistry stands cancelled due to some unavoidable circumstances.
"Fresh dates shall be announced separately for the conduct of Entrance Test for the papers of Biology and Chemistry," the notification said.
The BOPEE took the action after it was reported that invigilating staff at one of the centres in Srinagar yesterday had distributed Biology question paper instead of Chemistry paper.
More than 15,000 candidates have enrolled themselves for the CET-2013 aspiring to get into various professional courses like MBBS, BDS, Engineering, BVSc and BSc (Agriculture).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing