Fresh avalanche warning issued in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: In view of fresh snowfall in high-altitude areas in Kashmir, authorities today issued an avalanche warning to people living in areas close to the Line of Control.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Tangdhar, Chowkibal, Keran, Machil, Gurez, Tuleil and higher reaches of Uri and Gulmarg sectors," Aamir Ali, coordinator Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
The warning will also cover Sonamarg and Drass areas along the 434-km Srinagar-Leh national highway which was shut for vehicular traffic early this month.
"People living in these areas have been advised to take precautions and not to venture out in avalanche-prone areas," Ali said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended