Fresh avalanche warning issued in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: In view of fresh snowfall in high-altitude areas in Kashmir, authorities today issued an avalanche warning to people living in areas close to the Line of Control.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Tangdhar, Chowkibal, Keran, Machil, Gurez, Tuleil and higher reaches of Uri and Gulmarg sectors," Aamir Ali, coordinator Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
The warning will also cover Sonamarg and Drass areas along the 434-km Srinagar-Leh national highway which was shut for vehicular traffic early this month.
"People living in these areas have been advised to take precautions and not to venture out in avalanche-prone areas," Ali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!