Fresh avalanche warning issued in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: In view of fresh snowfall in high-altitude areas in Kashmir, authorities today issued an avalanche warning to people living in areas close to the Line of Control.
"A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for Tangdhar, Chowkibal, Keran, Machil, Gurez, Tuleil and higher reaches of Uri and Gulmarg sectors," Aamir Ali, coordinator Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
The warning will also cover Sonamarg and Drass areas along the 434-km Srinagar-Leh national highway which was shut for vehicular traffic early this month.
"People living in these areas have been advised to take precautions and not to venture out in avalanche-prone areas," Ali said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand