IED detected on Srinagar-Jammu National Highway
Srinagar: A major tragedy was averted through timely detection of an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) on Srinagar-Jammu National Highway at Qazigund in Kashmir, Army officials said on Sunday.
"A major tragedy was averted with the timely detection of an Improvised Explosive Device (IED), planted by terrorists near the strategically vital Qazigund town yesterday morning," a defence spokesman said.
He said the troops of 9 Rashtriya Rifles Battalion detected the IED containing high explosive material wrapped in a polythene package, which was planted in a roadside drain.
The traffic was halted on both sides of national highway to prevent any loss of life and property in the vicinity of the site, the spokesman said.
Initial chemical analysis of the blast site by the Bomb Disposal Squad revealed the presence of high explosive Penta-Erythrolyte Tetra-Nitrate (PETN) in the IED, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape