J&K CIC briefs Vohra on measures to enhance public awareness
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Information Commissioner GR Sufi on Monday called on Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by the Commission for enhancing awareness among the people about their basic rights and privileges.
Sufi called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan and during the meeting briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by him and members of State Information Commission (SIC) for educating people about their rights and privileges under the State Right to Information Act 2009, an official spokesman said.
The Governor observed that the effective implementation of this important Law would contribute in reducing corruption and significantly furthering the interests of good governance in the state.
The State CIC also briefed the Governor about the experience and broad outcome of the Commission`s functioning in the past three years, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi