J&K CIC briefs Vohra on measures to enhance public awareness
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Information Commissioner GR Sufi on Monday called on Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by the Commission for enhancing awareness among the people about their basic rights and privileges.
Sufi called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan and during the meeting briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by him and members of State Information Commission (SIC) for educating people about their rights and privileges under the State Right to Information Act 2009, an official spokesman said.
The Governor observed that the effective implementation of this important Law would contribute in reducing corruption and significantly furthering the interests of good governance in the state.
The State CIC also briefed the Governor about the experience and broad outcome of the Commission`s functioning in the past three years, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption