J&K CIC briefs Vohra on measures to enhance public awareness
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Information Commissioner GR Sufi on Monday called on Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by the Commission for enhancing awareness among the people about their basic rights and privileges.
Sufi called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan and during the meeting briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by him and members of State Information Commission (SIC) for educating people about their rights and privileges under the State Right to Information Act 2009, an official spokesman said.
The Governor observed that the effective implementation of this important Law would contribute in reducing corruption and significantly furthering the interests of good governance in the state.
The State CIC also briefed the Governor about the experience and broad outcome of the Commission`s functioning in the past three years, the spokesman added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference