J&K CIC briefs Vohra on measures to enhance public awareness
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Information Commissioner GR Sufi on Monday called on Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by the Commission for enhancing awareness among the people about their basic rights and privileges.
Sufi called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan and during the meeting briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by him and members of State Information Commission (SIC) for educating people about their rights and privileges under the State Right to Information Act 2009, an official spokesman said.
The Governor observed that the effective implementation of this important Law would contribute in reducing corruption and significantly furthering the interests of good governance in the state.
The State CIC also briefed the Governor about the experience and broad outcome of the Commission`s functioning in the past three years, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?