J&K CIC briefs Vohra on measures to enhance public awareness
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Information Commissioner GR Sufi on Monday called on Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by the Commission for enhancing awareness among the people about their basic rights and privileges.
Sufi called on Vohra at Raj Bhavan and during the meeting briefed him about the continuing initiatives being taken by him and members of State Information Commission (SIC) for educating people about their rights and privileges under the State Right to Information Act 2009, an official spokesman said.
The Governor observed that the effective implementation of this important Law would contribute in reducing corruption and significantly furthering the interests of good governance in the state.
The State CIC also briefed the Governor about the experience and broad outcome of the Commission`s functioning in the past three years, the spokesman added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai