J&K govt issues circular directing forces to be sensitive
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has issued a circular directing security forces to be sensitive towards people while dealing with law and order situations.
"I have issued a circular directing security agencies as well as civil and police administration to be fully sensitive towards the general public and not harass anybody unnecessarily," Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Shailendra Kumar, told a news agency on Tuesday.
Kumar said the circular, issued last evening, also includes directions for allowing aged persons, women, sick people and students who have to appear in exams, to reach their destinations after checking their identity.
"Directions have also been given to allow all the government employees working in essential services including PHE, fire and emergency service and health department," he said.
Kumar said the circular comes in the backdrop of an incident in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district where a woman delivered baby on road after being stopped by army from reaching a hospital.
The family of the woman alleged that the army personnel, who had launched a search operation in Kukroosa village, stopped them at two check-points for about an hour, which caused a delay in reaching the hospital.
Kumar said the incident was "avoidable" and "we were insensitive" in handling the situation.
"We were insensitive and the incident could have been avoided. But I have given a benefit of doubt to the forces as the jawans are not as sensitised as officers and there was no officer present at that time," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!