`J&K interlocutors` report against Parl resolution`
New Delhi: Rejecting the interlocutor`s report on Jammu and Kashmir, BJP on Monday said it is against the Parliament`s resolution which declared that the whole state, including Pak-occupied Kashmir, is an integral part of India.
Addressing a dharna here, organised by Jammu Kashmir People`s Forum, BJP leader and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said, "The language of this report is the language of the separatists. It speaks about human rights violation of terrorists but it has failed to include the voices of those who have been the real suffer like those who have migrated from Pakistan."
Swaraj said the use of word `Pakistan-administered Kashmir` instead of `Pak-occupied Kashmir` was used by former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf.
Instead of speaking about integration, she said, the terms like `autonomy`, `self-rule` and `independence` has been used in the report which "takes us back in time".
She attacked the report saying that its recommendations and suggestions were "anti-constitutional" and that it was "merely singing to the tune of the separatists".
After the dharna, a copy of the report was burnt by the senior BJP leaders, including Vijay Goel, Jagdish Muskhi and others.
Taking strong objection to the suggestion of formation of Constitution committee, including members from PoK, to review the laws that have been implemented after 1947, Swaraj said it is an attempt to wipe off the efforts of leaders like Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
Swaraj also criticised the interlocutors for suggesting changing the word about Article 370 of Constitution from `temporary` to `Special` and said suggestion to include it with Article 371, "is an attempt to create a divide as due to Article 370 Jammu and Kashmir could not gel into India."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them