J&K: Minor among four killed in mishaps
Jammu: Four persons, including a minor, were killed while three others suffered injuries in separate road mishaps in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Wednesday.
The mishaps occurred yesterday in Jammu, Udhampur and Rajouri districts, they said. A four-year-old boy, Nitish, was mowed down by a car in Bahu Fort area of Jammu city yesterday when he was coming out of a temple with his mother. The vehicle has been seized.
In another incident, a Special Police Officer Mohammad Hussain died after being hit by an unidentified vehicle near a police station in Rajouri district last night, they said.
A case of rash driving has been registered and efforts are being made to identify the drivers. Meanwhile in separate mishaps, two persons were killed and three others suffered injuries when their vehicle skidded off the road and fell into a gorge in Udhampur district yesterday, officials said.
They were on their way to Jammu from Pampore when the accidents took place, they said, adding that the deceased have been identified as Fatima and Gulzar Ahmed of Pampore.
The injured are being treated at the Government Medical College (GMC) here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister