J&K: Minor among four killed in mishaps
Jammu: Four persons, including a minor, were killed while three others suffered injuries in separate road mishaps in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Wednesday.
The mishaps occurred yesterday in Jammu, Udhampur and Rajouri districts, they said. A four-year-old boy, Nitish, was mowed down by a car in Bahu Fort area of Jammu city yesterday when he was coming out of a temple with his mother. The vehicle has been seized.
In another incident, a Special Police Officer Mohammad Hussain died after being hit by an unidentified vehicle near a police station in Rajouri district last night, they said.
A case of rash driving has been registered and efforts are being made to identify the drivers. Meanwhile in separate mishaps, two persons were killed and three others suffered injuries when their vehicle skidded off the road and fell into a gorge in Udhampur district yesterday, officials said.
They were on their way to Jammu from Pampore when the accidents took place, they said, adding that the deceased have been identified as Fatima and Gulzar Ahmed of Pampore.
The injured are being treated at the Government Medical College (GMC) here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’