J&K: Truck catches fire inside Jawahar Tunnel
Banihal (J&K): Three persons escaped narrowly when a truck caught fire inside Jawahar Tunnel on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway Saturday.
A truck, on its way from Jammu to Srinagar, caught fire immediately after it entered Jawahar Tunnel on national highway, 200-kms from Jammu, this afternoon, officials said.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
The truck, which was carrying ply boards, also suffered a blast when a gas cylinder inside the truck caught fire, they said, adding, three persons, including the truck driver, escaped narrowly with minor injuries.
Police and ITBP jawans have launched a operation to douse the flames after suspension of the traffic on the highway, they said.
Heavy black smoke is coming out of the south portal of the tunnel as the extinguishing operation is going on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video