J&K: Truck catches fire inside Jawahar Tunnel
Banihal (J&K): Three persons escaped narrowly when a truck caught fire inside Jawahar Tunnel on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway Saturday.
A truck, on its way from Jammu to Srinagar, caught fire immediately after it entered Jawahar Tunnel on national highway, 200-kms from Jammu, this afternoon, officials said.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
The truck, which was carrying ply boards, also suffered a blast when a gas cylinder inside the truck caught fire, they said, adding, three persons, including the truck driver, escaped narrowly with minor injuries.
Police and ITBP jawans have launched a operation to douse the flames after suspension of the traffic on the highway, they said.
Heavy black smoke is coming out of the south portal of the tunnel as the extinguishing operation is going on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list