JKLC panel seeks cooperation in saving environment
Jammu: The environment panel of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council has stressed the need for coordinated efforts to preserve the environment in the state.
The Committee headed by B A Veeri opined that the impact of global warming has increased manifold in the state due to constant degradation of environment, and there is great need to take corrective measures for its conservation.
Speaking at a function in Udhampur yesterday, Veeri said environment conservation is need of the hour and efforts are needed at different levels.
The function was organised to create awareness amongst the masses about the benefits of safety of environment and conservation of natural resources in context of global warming threat.
Veeri said several agencies are putting up efforts for preservation of environment, but still there is greater need to involve more agencies like educational institutions, NGOs, electronic, print media, scientists and other experts so that the common goals are achieved.
He also called for organising awareness campaign at the panchayat level to educate rural masses about environment conservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!