JNKPP, Shiv Sena protest against Chinese incursion in Jammu
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP), Dogra Front and Shiv Sena on Friday held separate demonstrations here against the Chinese incursions in Ladakh region of the state.
The activists of JKNPP, led by its state president and MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia, today held a protest demonstration at Jammu Press Club area of the city and appealed the Centre to take "firm measures" against the aggressive posturing of the Chinese troops.
The JKNPP activists later burnt the flag of China and raised slogans against the Chinese government.
"We strongly oppose the forthcoming visit of Chinese Prime Minister to India, he should first withdraw the troops from our territory and then come to India," Mankotia said.
"The people are feeling insecure because of the repeated incursions by Chinese troops. We urge the Centre to take measures to check the aggressive posturing of China," Mankotia said.
The activists of Dogra Front and Shiv Sena led by its president Ashok Gupta also held a protest demonstration and said the intrusion by Chinese troops in Ladakh is very serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre