Kashmir: Fresh tremor rocks Bhaderwah, Kishtwar
Jammu: A low intensity tremor on Friday shook Kishtwar, Bhaderwah Valley and adjoining areas of Doda district triggering panic among the people. The quake, measuring 3.7 on the Richter Scale shook Kishtwar, Baderwah valley and adjoining areas of Doda district at 7.08 AM on Friday, a MeT Department official said.
The epicentre of the earthquake was Kishtwar area of the state, he said. However, there was no immediate report of any casualty or injury from anywhere.
This was the 16th tremor in Bhaderwah-Doda-Kishtwar belt during the past four days with maximum 11 on Wednesday. While one tremor struck Bhadwerwah on April 31, 11 on May 1, three on Thursday and one today.
Two persons, including a shepherd, were killed and 69 others got injured when scores of buildings were damaged due to repeated tremors that shook Doda and Kishtwar districts of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.
A tremor measuring 5.8 on the Richter Scale was recorded at 12.27 PM and subsequent 10 other aftershocks continued till 3.02 PM on Wednesday in Jammu and Kashmir, particularly in twin district of Kishtwar and Doda.
As per initial reports, over 150 buildings, including schools, hospital, government buildings and private houses, suffered partial damages in Bhaderwah belt, while 220 houses were cracked and suffered minor damages in Thanala village on Bhaderwah-Chamba border belt due to the tremors.
The important buildings which suffered major damages included All India Radio building, Bhaderwah development Authority (BDA) building, Hopsital, Higher secondary school, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional