LeT militant killed in Pulwama gunfight
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Toiba militant was killed in a gunbattle with security forces in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district overnight, police said.
Acting on an intelligence input about presence of ultras in village Kangan, 35-km from here, security forces launched a search operation in the area last evening, they said.
As they zeroed in on their target, the mililtants fired at security forces who retaliated, police said.
In the ensuing gunfight, a militant identified as Ajaz Ahmad Bhat was killed, they said.
Bhat, affiliated to the LeT outfit, was involved in a number of terrorist activities including the firing incident at Awantipora market in which two civilians,including a woman, were injured, police said.
Some arms and ammunition were recovered from the scene, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city