LeT militant killed in Pulwama gunfight
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Toiba militant was killed in a gunbattle with security forces in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district overnight, police said.
Acting on an intelligence input about presence of ultras in village Kangan, 35-km from here, security forces launched a search operation in the area last evening, they said.
As they zeroed in on their target, the mililtants fired at security forces who retaliated, police said.
In the ensuing gunfight, a militant identified as Ajaz Ahmad Bhat was killed, they said.
Bhat, affiliated to the LeT outfit, was involved in a number of terrorist activities including the firing incident at Awantipora market in which two civilians,including a woman, were injured, police said.
Some arms and ammunition were recovered from the scene, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress