Militant killed on LoC in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: One infiltrating militant was killed and a soldier injured Thursday in a clash on the Line of Control (LoC) in mountainous Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, an army official has said.
A group of militants was crossing the LoC into the Indian side in Jhangar sector of Rajouri district, about 170 km north of Jammu. The soldiers challenged them on noticing their movement which led to a fire-fight between the two sides.
"One militant was killed in the exchange of fire while one army soldier was injured," said the official. Troops are carrying out extensive searches in the area "for any militant having possibly sneaked into the Indian side".
This is the first major incident along the LoC after tension heightened following the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani army intruders Jan 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt