Militant killed on LoC in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: One infiltrating militant was killed and a soldier injured Thursday in a clash on the Line of Control (LoC) in mountainous Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, an army official has said.
A group of militants was crossing the LoC into the Indian side in Jhangar sector of Rajouri district, about 170 km north of Jammu. The soldiers challenged them on noticing their movement which led to a fire-fight between the two sides.
"One militant was killed in the exchange of fire while one army soldier was injured," said the official. Troops are carrying out extensive searches in the area "for any militant having possibly sneaked into the Indian side".
This is the first major incident along the LoC after tension heightened following the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani army intruders Jan 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert