Militant killed on LoC in Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu: One infiltrating militant was killed and a soldier injured Thursday in a clash on the Line of Control (LoC) in mountainous Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir, an army official has said.
A group of militants was crossing the LoC into the Indian side in Jhangar sector of Rajouri district, about 170 km north of Jammu. The soldiers challenged them on noticing their movement which led to a fire-fight between the two sides.
"One militant was killed in the exchange of fire while one army soldier was injured," said the official. Troops are carrying out extensive searches in the area "for any militant having possibly sneaked into the Indian side".
This is the first major incident along the LoC after tension heightened following the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani army intruders Jan 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened