‘Mirwaiz Umer Farooq controlled by the ISI’
Washington: Separatist leader and chairman
of moderate Hurriyat Conference in Jammu and Kashmir Mirwaiz Umer Farooq is "supported and controlled" by Pakistan`s ISI, a US District court was informed by an Attorney.
Ahead of sentencing of Ghulam Nabi Fai, who has pleaded
guilty to charges of receiving money from ISI after his arrest
last year, US Attorney Neil H MacBride said "Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was supported and controlled by the ISI."
MacBride informed the court Wednesday in a footnote of
the 10-page submission to US District Court in Alexandria,
Efforts to seek reaction from the Mirwaiz, who arrived in
Delhi from Jeddah, did not succeed.
MacBride said Fai has submitted as many as 53 individuals
from Pakistan, India and the US in his support ? all of whom
urge the District Judge Liam O`Grady to give the Kashmiri
separatist a lighter sentence.
In the footnote, the US Attorney said many writers of the
letters submitted by Fai to the Court on his behalf failed to
disclose facts the disclosure of which might undermine their
credibility before this Court.
"For example -- and this is just a sampling from the
first ones listed -- Farhan Chak is a 9/11 Truther. Arif Kamal
was copied on at least 26 emails to Fai from the ISI," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!
- SALUTE! This boy from UP's Mainpuri has no arms but secured 71.8% in 10th board exams - WATCH interview
- Now pay your medical insurance premium in EMIs