‘Mirwaiz Umer Farooq controlled by the ISI’
Washington: Separatist leader and chairman
of moderate Hurriyat Conference in Jammu and Kashmir Mirwaiz Umer Farooq is "supported and controlled" by Pakistan`s ISI, a US District court was informed by an Attorney.
Ahead of sentencing of Ghulam Nabi Fai, who has pleaded
guilty to charges of receiving money from ISI after his arrest
last year, US Attorney Neil H MacBride said "Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was supported and controlled by the ISI."
MacBride informed the court Wednesday in a footnote of
the 10-page submission to US District Court in Alexandria,
Efforts to seek reaction from the Mirwaiz, who arrived in
Delhi from Jeddah, did not succeed.
MacBride said Fai has submitted as many as 53 individuals
from Pakistan, India and the US in his support ? all of whom
urge the District Judge Liam O`Grady to give the Kashmiri
separatist a lighter sentence.
In the footnote, the US Attorney said many writers of the
letters submitted by Fai to the Court on his behalf failed to
disclose facts the disclosure of which might undermine their
credibility before this Court.
"For example -- and this is just a sampling from the
first ones listed -- Farhan Chak is a 9/11 Truther. Arif Kamal
was copied on at least 26 emails to Fai from the ISI," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation