PDP demands revocation of AFSPA, PSA
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic
Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday held a demonstration here,
demanding revocation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act and
Public Safety Act from the state.
Led by former state ministers Tariq Hameed Qarra and
Mohammad Dilawar Mir, over 100 PDP workers took out a rally
from the party headquarters at Polo View and marched towards
However, police intercepted the rally at some distance
from the PDP office and urged the protesters to disperse.
The PDP workers then staged a brief sit-in at Polo
Addressing the workers, Qarra demanded that Acts like
AFSPA and PSA should be revoked and all under-age detenus be
The former finance minister also accused the ruling
National Conference-Congress coalition of rampant corruption.
The protest was part of PDP`s state-wide programme under
which it had planned to hold rallies at all zonal headquarters
of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands