PDP demands revocation of AFSPA, PSA
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic
Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday held a demonstration here,
demanding revocation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act and
Public Safety Act from the state.
Led by former state ministers Tariq Hameed Qarra and
Mohammad Dilawar Mir, over 100 PDP workers took out a rally
from the party headquarters at Polo View and marched towards
However, police intercepted the rally at some distance
from the PDP office and urged the protesters to disperse.
The PDP workers then staged a brief sit-in at Polo
Addressing the workers, Qarra demanded that Acts like
AFSPA and PSA should be revoked and all under-age detenus be
The former finance minister also accused the ruling
National Conference-Congress coalition of rampant corruption.
The protest was part of PDP`s state-wide programme under
which it had planned to hold rallies at all zonal headquarters
of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents