PDP demands revocation of AFSPA, PSA
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic
Party in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday held a demonstration here,
demanding revocation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act and
Public Safety Act from the state.
Led by former state ministers Tariq Hameed Qarra and
Mohammad Dilawar Mir, over 100 PDP workers took out a rally
from the party headquarters at Polo View and marched towards
However, police intercepted the rally at some distance
from the PDP office and urged the protesters to disperse.
The PDP workers then staged a brief sit-in at Polo
Addressing the workers, Qarra demanded that Acts like
AFSPA and PSA should be revoked and all under-age detenus be
The former finance minister also accused the ruling
National Conference-Congress coalition of rampant corruption.
The protest was part of PDP`s state-wide programme under
which it had planned to hold rallies at all zonal headquarters
of the state.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards