Raise issue with China if road construction on Indian side: Omar
Ganderbal: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today said India should take up with Beijing if China has done any road construction on the Indian side of Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh region.
"We don`t have any objection when they (Chinese) build roads on their side of LAC. If they do it on our side of the Line, then, obviously, Defence Ministry and External Affairs Ministry will have to take up the issue with China," he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here, 25 kms from Srinagar.
Omar, however, said he does not have any report from the local administration of Ladakh region that would suggest that the Chinese have constructed a road inside the Indian territory.
"Till now, there is no report to me from the local administration through which I can say that China is building roads on our side," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions