Security beefed up to restrict militants from invading Kashmir
Samba (Jammu and Kashmir): The armed forces have stepped up vigilance and patrolling, along the Kashmir border to restrict infiltration bids by militants.
The Border Security Force (BSF) is installing high-resolution cameras and monitoring the border to stop infiltrators from entering the Indian Territory during the winter.
BSF Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Virender Singh said the cameras are helping the forces maintain a vigilant eye along the border.
"In winters, when heavy fog envelops the area, normal surveillance cameras do not function properly which is why we have installed high-resolution closed-circuit Television (CCTVs). These cameras have high power and can give us a clear view even in thick fog, and that is why, we are installing them," he said.
Tensions have been prevailing between the two nations after regular violations of the November 2003 ceasefire agreement.
Although artillery fire frequently rattles the Line of Control (LoC), infiltration and cross-border ambushes have become rare.
Singh said the border is intact and forces are alert to foil infiltration bids.
"A few days ago, there were reports in the media that four infiltrators had crossed the border. However, I want to confirm that no such infiltration took place. The border is intact and our forces are alert. There is no breach; all our obstacle systems are fully functional without any interference," he added.
In October, around 30 to 40 heavily armed fighters had crossed the LoC in the Keran sector and holed up for nearly nine days in thick forests skirting the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read