Small batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 269 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
A convoy of nine vehicles carrying the 38th batch of pilgrims, including 148 men, 70 women and one child left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:20 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Udhampur on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 53,711 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, another batch of 1,495 pilgrims left for Budha Amarnath shrine in Poonch district in a cavalcade of 38 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar Base camp in Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city