Small batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 269 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
A convoy of nine vehicles carrying the 38th batch of pilgrims, including 148 men, 70 women and one child left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:20 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Udhampur on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 53,711 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, another batch of 1,495 pilgrims left for Budha Amarnath shrine in Poonch district in a cavalcade of 38 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar Base camp in Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border