Small batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 269 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
A convoy of nine vehicles carrying the 38th batch of pilgrims, including 148 men, 70 women and one child left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:20 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Udhampur on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 53,711 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, another batch of 1,495 pilgrims left for Budha Amarnath shrine in Poonch district in a cavalcade of 38 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar Base camp in Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report