Small batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 269 pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
A convoy of nine vehicles carrying the 38th batch of pilgrims, including 148 men, 70 women and one child left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:20 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Udhampur on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 53,711 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Meanwhile, another batch of 1,495 pilgrims left for Budha Amarnath shrine in Poonch district in a cavalcade of 38 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar Base camp in Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore