Trout hatcheries at Doori, Doda on anvil: J&K Govt
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Fraiday said that government proposes to establish trout hatcheries at Doori and Marmat Doda and for the purpose necessary steps have been initiated by the department.
Replying to a question by member Abdul Majid Wani in the
Legislative Assembly today, the Minister of State for
Fisheries, Aijaz Ahmed Khan said that government proposes to
establish trout hatcheries at Doori and Marmat Doda and for
the purpose necessary steps have been initiated by the
He said nearly one acre of land at Doori have been
identified and the land acquisition mater taken up with the
revenue department for developing trout hatchery.
In this regard, the department has prepared a project
report of Rs 51 lakh and the execution of the project would be
started after transferring the land to the fisheries
department, he said.
The minister said that in order to develop fish
production in Doda constituency, one trout race way have been
constructed at Udhampur under RKVY, besides carp ponds have
been constructed in the area during last three years under
Prime Minister`s package.
As many as 8 awareness camps have been also conducted
for implementing the programmes of the department for fish
farming in private sector, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- 'Akira' animator Makiko Futaki dies at 57
- Video alert - Lisa Haydon, Jacqueline Fernandez fight like Tom and Jerry!
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting