Withdrawal of Indian troops `humiliating`: J&K VHP
Jammu: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) state unit has slammed the Centre for compromising country`s interests in the recent Chinese incursion issue by withdrawing Indian troops from the strategic Daulat Beg Oldie(DBO) sector.
"The Chinese incursion into Indian territory was shocking, but withdrawal of troops by India...In a sudden development is more shocking," Jammu and Kashmir VHP unit president Ramakant Dubey told reporters here today.
"Indian government asserted that no concessions were offered to China to end the face-off, then how come Indian Army withdrew from its own territory? Was there an agreement made to dismantle bunkers built in Chumar?" Dubey asked.
He alleged that the dismantling of bunkers was a "strategic disadvantage" for India as the location at Zhipugi Arla in Chumar allowed it to look deep into Chinese territory, including at important road links on the other side.
"The way China has dodged India...Is so humiliating. It is more insulting than the 1962 war. A deal has been struck behind closed doors. The government should let people know, under what pressure had it vacated an important post, which was in its command for the past 50 years," Dubey said.
Dubey averred that J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah should have been taken into confidence before any decision was taken in the matter.
"Omar has already expressed concern over the withdrawal of Indian troops from the area. Feelings of the state`s CM about the borders and boundaries with respect to security, especially with reference to Ladakh, should have been given weightage," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state