Woman beaten to death by four men in J&K
Srinagar: A 40-year-old woman died after being allegedly beaten by four persons in the Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Jameela Begum, a resident of Rayal Baderkote village, succumbed to injuries at Soura Medical Institute here yesterday after being beaten by four persons, a police spokesman said.
Her son Mohammad Ashraf Din lodged a report in Karnah police station alleging that his mother was attacked by Saif-ud-Din Dobi, Maqbool Dobi, Ghulam Sarwar and Roshni Jan when she was on her way to the fields, he said.
"A case has been registered and investigations are on," the spokesman said adding, no arrests have been made so far.
The body of the deceased was handed over to her relatives for last rites after completion of legal formalities, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”