Woman beaten to death by four men in J&K
Srinagar: A 40-year-old woman died after being allegedly beaten by four persons in the Kupwara district of north Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Jameela Begum, a resident of Rayal Baderkote village, succumbed to injuries at Soura Medical Institute here yesterday after being beaten by four persons, a police spokesman said.
Her son Mohammad Ashraf Din lodged a report in Karnah police station alleging that his mother was attacked by Saif-ud-Din Dobi, Maqbool Dobi, Ghulam Sarwar and Roshni Jan when she was on her way to the fields, he said.
"A case has been registered and investigations are on," the spokesman said adding, no arrests have been made so far.
The body of the deceased was handed over to her relatives for last rites after completion of legal formalities, the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report