BJP leadership to resolve Yeddy-Eswarappa faceoff
Mangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda Wednesday said the BJP central leadership would step in to end the face-off between former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and state party President KS Eshwarappa over the leadership issue.
"Steps have already been taken to broker peace between the two leaders," Gowda told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa had launched a tirade against Eshwarappa a few days ago, alleging that he was instrumental in sending him to jail and was attempting to throw him out of the party.
The angry outburst of Yeddyurappa had come after Eswarappa repeatedly stated that no position could be given to him till he came out clean in corruption cases.
Yeddyurappa had been sulking since he was ousted from the Chief Ministership after the Lokayukata report on illegal mining indicted him and he is now lobbying for a "suitable position," a move that has created confusion in the party over leadership issue.
Recently, Eshwarappa and Gowda had met BJP leaders L K Advani and Rajnath Singh in Delhi to discuss the issue.
On the visit of Energy Minister Shobha Karandlaje`s, considered close to Yeddyurappa, to Delhi, Gowda said it was a routine one and it was natural that such visits in the midst of party differences raised eyebrows."It was a casual visit as she was called by the central leadership," he added.
Gowda also said a ten-day assembly session would be convened from January 30.
The Budget Session will take place in the first week of March, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal