Court extends judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
April 7 judicial custody of former Karnataka minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI Special
Court Judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of the custody.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining
Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have
been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 7 by the judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred