Court extends judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
April 7 judicial custody of former Karnataka minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI Special
Court Judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of the custody.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining
Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have
been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 7 by the judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?