Court extends judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
April 7 judicial custody of former Karnataka minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI Special
Court Judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of the custody.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining
Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have
been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 7 by the judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding