Court extends judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
April 7 judicial custody of former Karnataka minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI Special
Court Judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of the custody.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining
Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have
been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 7 by the judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears