Court extends judicial custody of Janardhana Reddy
Bangalore: A CBI court on Tuesday extended till
April 7 judicial custody of former Karnataka minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and his personal assistant
Mehfuz Ali Khan, arrested in connection with an illegal mining
Additional Civil and Sessions Court Judge and CBI Special
Court Judge B M Angadi passed the order after CBI moved an
application seeking extension of the custody.
Associated Mining Corporation (AMC) and Deccan Mining
Syndicate (DMC) owned by Reddy and his wife Aruna Lakshmi have
been facing probe over charges of illegal mining.
Reddy and Khan, lodged in Bangalore central prison, were
produced in the court via video-conferencing.
Meanwhile, hearing on bail pleas of Reddy and Khan was
fixed for April 7 by the judge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi to visit India next month