Bhopal: Boy gets locked inside car; dies of suffocation
Bhopal: A two-and-a-half year old boy died, allegedly due to suffocation after he accidentally locked himself in a car in busy New Market area here, a police official said on Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday when the kid identified as Atishay Jain, son of a local garment trader was playing in the shop and later took the keys of a car quietly and went inside the vehicle to play, his grandfather Kamal Jain told reporters.
Soon after the child entered inside, the car got locked and the windows remained closed causing suffocation, a sub inspector said.
After nearly two hours when his mother came down searching for him to the shop on the ground floor, the child was found lying unconscious inside the caar.
Subsequently, the vehicle was opened with a duplicate key and he was rushed to a hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Later in the day, the family buried his body without conducting an autopsy but today police exhumed it and sent it for post-mortem, the SI added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!
- BSER Rajasthan Board Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 declared - check rajresults.nic.in and rajeduboard.nic.in
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Congress nominates Chidambaram, Sibal, Ramesh for Rajya Sabha polls
- Four new cases of criminal assault on African nationals reported