College girl alleges rape, sets herself afire
Bhilwara: Alleging that she had been raped by president of the students` union of her college, a girl set herself on fire in the district and is in a critical condition, police said on Tuesday.
The girl, an undergraduate student at a college in Bijolia town, poured kerosene and set herself on fire last night, CO Mandalgarh Dharmendra Yadav said.
She was taken to a local hospital from where she was referred to Kota government hospital, he said, adding that her condition is critical.
The girl has alleged that she was raped by the president of the students union Ajit Singh on the pretext of marriage, Yadav said.
The accused is absconding and the matter is under investigation, he said.
Meanwhile, several students protested in Mandal town and in colleges in Bhilwara, demanding arrest of the accused.
"Protesting students in Mandal were dispersed and the situation is peaceful now," the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert