College girl alleges rape, sets herself afire
Bhilwara: Alleging that she had been raped by president of the students` union of her college, a girl set herself on fire in the district and is in a critical condition, police said on Tuesday.
The girl, an undergraduate student at a college in Bijolia town, poured kerosene and set herself on fire last night, CO Mandalgarh Dharmendra Yadav said.
She was taken to a local hospital from where she was referred to Kota government hospital, he said, adding that her condition is critical.
The girl has alleged that she was raped by the president of the students union Ajit Singh on the pretext of marriage, Yadav said.
The accused is absconding and the matter is under investigation, he said.
Meanwhile, several students protested in Mandal town and in colleges in Bhilwara, demanding arrest of the accused.
"Protesting students in Mandal were dispersed and the situation is peaceful now," the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today