College girl alleges rape, sets herself afire
Bhilwara: Alleging that she had been raped by president of the students` union of her college, a girl set herself on fire in the district and is in a critical condition, police said on Tuesday.
The girl, an undergraduate student at a college in Bijolia town, poured kerosene and set herself on fire last night, CO Mandalgarh Dharmendra Yadav said.
She was taken to a local hospital from where she was referred to Kota government hospital, he said, adding that her condition is critical.
The girl has alleged that she was raped by the president of the students union Ajit Singh on the pretext of marriage, Yadav said.
The accused is absconding and the matter is under investigation, he said.
Meanwhile, several students protested in Mandal town and in colleges in Bhilwara, demanding arrest of the accused.
"Protesting students in Mandal were dispersed and the situation is peaceful now," the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured