Locked in the cockpit, Indian pilot lands under emergency conditions
New Delhi: The pilot of a Bangalore-bound Air India aircraft, with around 125 passengers on board, landed under emergency conditions at Bhopal airport when he found the cockpit door jammed as he tried to open it to visit the washroom, airline sources said on Tuesday.
The pilot of Airbus A-320, operating flight AI-403 from Delhi, made the landing yesterday evening under emergency conditions at Raja Bhoj Airport in Bhopal. He wanted to go to the washroom but he found the door locked, they said.
The flight had taken off from Delhi around 1700 hours and landed at Bhopal an hour later.
After Air India`s technicians fixed the problem, the aircraft pursued its onward journey around 2000 hours and reached Bangalore without any trouble, the sources said. AI-403 is a direct flight from Delhi to Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015