MP Guv calls for zero-tolerance to corruption
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav on Thursday said the state government will adopt a zero tolerance policy toward corruption.
"People today want good governance and therefore my government has decided to adopt zero tolerance policy towards corruption in the state," Yadav said in his customary address on the second day of the 14th Assembly`s session.
For its implementation, internal vigilance system will be developed in the departments and in some cases even a financial adviser will be appointed, he said.
Yadav said earlier also the government had implemented Special Court Act for speedy trial of corruption cases and also Lok Sewa Guarantee Scheme for the time-bound delivery of the government services.
Going a step further, now the government will also introduce the concept of a time limit for starting and completion of developmental projects, he said.
For ensuring development, the government has prepared a roadmap for five years and also developed a vision document for its time-bound implementation, the Governor said.
Yadav termed as historic the return of the BJP-led government for the third consecutive term with a highly positive mandate and also highlighted various schemes in social and infrastructure sector for development.
After the completion of Governor`s 43-page address, BJP`s Shankarlal Tiwari moved a motion of thanks.
Assembly Speaker Dr Sitasharan Sharma announced on the occasion that the Opposition`s amendments in the Governor`s address will be accepted till 4 PM today and the discussion on the motion of thanks will take place on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video