Young sons of MP leaders test political waters
Bhopal: While AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh`s son Jaivardhan Singh has joined the Congress amid indications that he might contest upcoming Madhya Pradesh elections, the sons of two other high profile leaders also seem to be testing the political waters with their recent public appearances.
The Congressmen are almost certain that Jaivardhan would contest the Assembly Elections from the Raghogarh seat nurtured by his father, while it is yet not clear whether MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s son Kartikeya, who has just turned 18, and Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia`s son Mahanaryaman Scindia would join the political fray or not.
"Like his father, Kartikeya (earlier this month) awakened the neo-voters on the issue of power of voting by spreading the message of Swami Vivekananda and Jansangh founder, Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya and also highlighted the importance of even a single vote," state Forest Development Corporation chairman Guruprasad Sharma, who was present on the occasion, said on Friday.
"A single vote had made Hitler as head of the Nazi party while because of a solitary vote former Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee had to leave the chair," Kartikeya had said on the occasion.
Like a seasoned orator, Kartikeya, without naming Congress, said, "Because of one wrong vote, the country`s growth rate was lowered to five per cent and the price of diesel skyrocketed to Rs 50 from Rs 19 and that of petrol to Rs 80 from Rs 25."
Sharma said that as a part of voters` awakening drive, Kartikeya had this month toured 15-20 villages in Nasrullaganj tehsil and another 15-20 in Budhni tehsil. The two tehsil`s are part of Chouhan`s Budhni Assembly seat.
However, Chouhan had earlier clarified to the media that his son is not going to join politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das