45 people held in bar raids in Mumbai; three girls rescued
Mumbai: As many as 45 persons, including eight bar girls, were arrested and three girls rescued during separate raids on bars for alleged involvement in obscene activities.
Acting on a tip off, a raid was conducted at Lakshdeep bar and restaurant on Gajdarbhandh road in Santa Cruz at around 11.40 PM on Tuesday by Social Service Branch of city police.
Forty-three people, including the bar owner, staff, 21 customers and eight bar girls were arrested from there, police said today.
The bar girls and customers were found to be allegedly involved in obscene acts when the raid was conducted, police said, adding that all the accused were arrested under IPC Sections 294 (indulging in obscene acts and songs) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
In another case, police carried out raid in a one-storey premises at Ganesh Nagar in suburban Chembur last evening and arrested two persons for allegedly pushing girls into prostitution.
The two were arrested under relevant sections of Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act, police said.
Further probe was on in both the cases, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter