45 people held in bar raids in Mumbai; three girls rescued
Mumbai: As many as 45 persons, including eight bar girls, were arrested and three girls rescued during separate raids on bars for alleged involvement in obscene activities.
Acting on a tip off, a raid was conducted at Lakshdeep bar and restaurant on Gajdarbhandh road in Santa Cruz at around 11.40 PM on Tuesday by Social Service Branch of city police.
Forty-three people, including the bar owner, staff, 21 customers and eight bar girls were arrested from there, police said today.
The bar girls and customers were found to be allegedly involved in obscene acts when the raid was conducted, police said, adding that all the accused were arrested under IPC Sections 294 (indulging in obscene acts and songs) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
In another case, police carried out raid in a one-storey premises at Ganesh Nagar in suburban Chembur last evening and arrested two persons for allegedly pushing girls into prostitution.
The two were arrested under relevant sections of Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act, police said.
Further probe was on in both the cases, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH