45 people held in bar raids in Mumbai; three girls rescued
Mumbai: As many as 45 persons, including eight bar girls, were arrested and three girls rescued during separate raids on bars for alleged involvement in obscene activities.
Acting on a tip off, a raid was conducted at Lakshdeep bar and restaurant on Gajdarbhandh road in Santa Cruz at around 11.40 PM on Tuesday by Social Service Branch of city police.
Forty-three people, including the bar owner, staff, 21 customers and eight bar girls were arrested from there, police said today.
The bar girls and customers were found to be allegedly involved in obscene acts when the raid was conducted, police said, adding that all the accused were arrested under IPC Sections 294 (indulging in obscene acts and songs) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention).
In another case, police carried out raid in a one-storey premises at Ganesh Nagar in suburban Chembur last evening and arrested two persons for allegedly pushing girls into prostitution.
The two were arrested under relevant sections of Prevention of Immoral Trafficking Act, police said.
Further probe was on in both the cases, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Badaun re-run? Teenage girl murdered after gang-rape, body hanged from tree in UP
- Teen sensation Marcus Rashford signs bumper long-term contract at Manchester United: Reports
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England