Fire in Mumbai slum: 17 injured
Mumbai: At least 17 people were injured and around 150 houses gutted in a major fire which broke out in a slum at suburban Bandra in the wee hours on Thursday, fire officials said.
The fire broke out in Shastrinagar slum around 2:30 AM, the officials said.
About eight fire engines and four water tankers were pressed into service to douse the flames, they said, adding, the fire has been brought under control but cooling operations were still on.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, they said.
Out of the 17 injured, 13 were discharged after initial treatment while others are still admitted at the Bhabha hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what