Fire in Mumbai slum: 17 injured
Mumbai: At least 17 people were injured and around 150 houses gutted in a major fire which broke out in a slum at suburban Bandra in the wee hours on Thursday, fire officials said.
The fire broke out in Shastrinagar slum around 2:30 AM, the officials said.
About eight fire engines and four water tankers were pressed into service to douse the flames, they said, adding, the fire has been brought under control but cooling operations were still on.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, they said.
Out of the 17 injured, 13 were discharged after initial treatment while others are still admitted at the Bhabha hospital, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'