Fire in Mumbai slum: 17 injured
Mumbai: At least 17 people were injured and around 150 houses gutted in a major fire which broke out in a slum at suburban Bandra in the wee hours on Thursday, fire officials said.
The fire broke out in Shastrinagar slum around 2:30 AM, the officials said.
About eight fire engines and four water tankers were pressed into service to douse the flames, they said, adding, the fire has been brought under control but cooling operations were still on.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, they said.
Out of the 17 injured, 13 were discharged after initial treatment while others are still admitted at the Bhabha hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh