Fire in Mumbai slum: 17 injured
Mumbai: At least 17 people were injured and around 150 houses gutted in a major fire which broke out in a slum at suburban Bandra in the wee hours on Thursday, fire officials said.
The fire broke out in Shastrinagar slum around 2:30 AM, the officials said.
About eight fire engines and four water tankers were pressed into service to douse the flames, they said, adding, the fire has been brought under control but cooling operations were still on.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, they said.
Out of the 17 injured, 13 were discharged after initial treatment while others are still admitted at the Bhabha hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border