Fire in Mumbai slum: 17 injured
Mumbai: At least 17 people were injured and around 150 houses gutted in a major fire which broke out in a slum at suburban Bandra in the wee hours on Thursday, fire officials said.
The fire broke out in Shastrinagar slum around 2:30 AM, the officials said.
About eight fire engines and four water tankers were pressed into service to douse the flames, they said, adding, the fire has been brought under control but cooling operations were still on.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, they said.
Out of the 17 injured, 13 were discharged after initial treatment while others are still admitted at the Bhabha hospital, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video