Mumbai building collapse: Death toll rises to seven
Mumbai: The death toll in the building collapse at Central Mumbai in the metropolis has risen to seven as more bodies have been recovered from the debris on Tuesday, civic officials said.
Six people were also injured in the collapse, BMC sources said.
Debris removal operations are still on at the collapse site of the four-storey building, located on Cadell Road, they said.
A portion of the `Altaf` building located near the Mahim dargah had collapsed last night.
Locals have blamed it on structural changes made to a car showroom on the ground floor. As the rescue operations began, another portion of building gave away.
The injured were admitted in Bhabha Hospital at suburban Bandra, KEM and Sion Hospital.
The deceased have been identified as - Zaibunissa Abdul Sattar Laakha (76), Mhaisani Baatliwala (75), Halima Sheikh (50), Mobin Lakha (18), Faraz Rizwan Merchant (13), Asifa Rizwan Merchant (50) and Sahira Ghulam Merchant (78).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog