Mumbai building collapse: Death toll rises to seven
Mumbai: The death toll in the building collapse at Central Mumbai in the metropolis has risen to seven as more bodies have been recovered from the debris on Tuesday, civic officials said.
Six people were also injured in the collapse, BMC sources said.
Debris removal operations are still on at the collapse site of the four-storey building, located on Cadell Road, they said.
A portion of the `Altaf` building located near the Mahim dargah had collapsed last night.
Locals have blamed it on structural changes made to a car showroom on the ground floor. As the rescue operations began, another portion of building gave away.
The injured were admitted in Bhabha Hospital at suburban Bandra, KEM and Sion Hospital.
The deceased have been identified as - Zaibunissa Abdul Sattar Laakha (76), Mhaisani Baatliwala (75), Halima Sheikh (50), Mobin Lakha (18), Faraz Rizwan Merchant (13), Asifa Rizwan Merchant (50) and Sahira Ghulam Merchant (78).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past