Mumbai building collapse: Death toll rises to seven
Mumbai: The death toll in the building collapse at Central Mumbai in the metropolis has risen to seven as more bodies have been recovered from the debris on Tuesday, civic officials said.
Six people were also injured in the collapse, BMC sources said.
Debris removal operations are still on at the collapse site of the four-storey building, located on Cadell Road, they said.
A portion of the `Altaf` building located near the Mahim dargah had collapsed last night.
Locals have blamed it on structural changes made to a car showroom on the ground floor. As the rescue operations began, another portion of building gave away.
The injured were admitted in Bhabha Hospital at suburban Bandra, KEM and Sion Hospital.
The deceased have been identified as - Zaibunissa Abdul Sattar Laakha (76), Mhaisani Baatliwala (75), Halima Sheikh (50), Mobin Lakha (18), Faraz Rizwan Merchant (13), Asifa Rizwan Merchant (50) and Sahira Ghulam Merchant (78).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town