Mumbai to get women commandos to fight crimes against women
Mumbai: Mumbai may soon get its own group of elite women commandos whose primary responsibility would be to fight crimes against women in the city.
"These commandos will be deployed only in the East Region which consists of 18 police stations", said Additional Commissioner of Police (East Region) Quaiser Khalid who mooted the idea.
Though the idea was mooted early in December 2012, the training began shortly after the Delhi gang rape.
Commandos will be trained for 45 days and would include running five kilometres a day as well as martial arts techniques.
Khalid said training will begin soon in other regions of the city. There are 91 police stations in the city.
Once on the field, these commandos would fight molestation and harassment of women to ensure that perpetrators are brought to book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!