NCP will support harsher punishment for rape: Pawar
Amravati (Mah): Union Agriculture Minister and Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar on Monday said here that his party would support any bill providing for more stringent punishment to rapists.
Pawar, while addressing a women`s rally here, referred to the Delhi gangrape incident, and observed that in our society the victim of the rape carries a stigma, while the culprit goes on with his life without getting punished.
"I personally feel that such offenders must get a very stringent punishment. If the Centre comes out with any such proposal, NCP MPs would support it," Pawar said.
He also said that reservations were necessary for women in various sectors, and his party had always backed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you