President telephones Thackeray to enquire about health
Mumbai: President Pranab Mukherjee telephoned ailing Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to enquire after his health, the party said Sunday.
A statement in party mouthpiece Saamna said the president made detailed enquiries about Thackeray`s health during the telephone call Saturday.
Concerns were raised about Thackeray`s health in the party after he could not attend the annual Shiv Sena Dassehra rally at Shivaji Park last Wednesday. The 86-year-old leader addressed the party workers through a video message.
During the brief speech, Thackeray appeared to be breathless, at times incoherent and feeling tired. In fact he admitted that he was feeling "weary" and unwell.
Mukherjee enjoys a special rapport with Thackeray, who extended his party`s unconditional support to him during the presidential election four months ago.
In a return gesture, despite a busy schedule during his first visit to Mumbai last fortnight, Mukherjee took time out to meet Thackeray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!