Sena doing politics over drought, alleges Rane
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industries Minister and senior Congress leader Narayan Rane on Sunday lashed out at Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray for "doing politics over the issue of water crisis and drought."
"Uddhav Thackeray should first study and then talk about the issue. No leader has done politics on drought, but Shiv Sena is doing it," Rane alleged.
The Sena leader, during his visit to Yavatmal earlier this month after a farmer committed suicide, had urged Union Agriculture Minister and NCP supremo Sharad Pawar to resign from the Union cabinet and come to the state to protect the interest of farmers reeling under drought.
"Uddhav has not worked on any social issues. They should do some good work like organising job fairs to create employment for youth rather than making such statements," Rane opined.
On the Sena leader`s earlier remark that the Maharashtra leaders rallied in New Delhi for farmers, but ignored the farmers of Maharashtra, Rane said, "Our government is there at the Centre, therefore, we can go ten times to meet the Prime Minister. That is our right."
"Uddhav only talks, nobody bothers about what he says," he rued.
Earlier this month, Uddhav visited Yavatmal district in Vidharbha region of the state where farmer - Gajanan Ghotekar committed suicide and in a note blamed the Congress and NCP for the plight of farmers.
He also appealed to the farmers not to vote for NCP and Congress.
Maharashtra government had earlier sought a financial package of Rs 2,281.37 crore and five lakh tonne foodgrain at BPL rates from the Centre to tackle drought situation in as many as 15 districts in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says